Last updated on September 1st 2018.
2. WHO MAY USE OUR SERVICE
You may use the Service if you are 18 years or older and are not barred from using the Service under applicable law. If you are between 13 and 18, you must have permission from your legal guardian before you are permitted to use the Service. You are not permitted to use the Service if you are under 13 years old. If we become aware that a minor under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
3.1 We collect information from and about you when you register or use our Service. When registering you may be asked for detailed information including your name, email address, physical mailing address, phone number, government issued identification documents, or other information. We may also request and receive information about you from other sources or use other sources to verify the information that you provide us and your identity.
3.2 When you use our Service, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other device. This information may include your IP address, device information (including, but not limited to, a device identifier, name and type, operating system, mobile network information), standard web log information, such as your browser type, and the pages you access on our Service.
3.3 When you use a location-enabled device with our Service, we may collect geographical location data or use various means to determine your location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for instance, provide data on nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi access spots.
3.4 We, as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, analytics, or other functionality on our Service may use “cookies” and other similar technologies. Cookies are small text files placed in a visitors’ computer browser. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Service may not work properly. If you would like to opt-out of the cookies and other technologies we employ on the Service, you may do so by blocking, deleting or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to: (i) operate, maintain, and improve our Service; (ii) respond to comments and questions and provide support to our members; (iii) send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, giving reports and support and administrative messages; (iv) communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us or any affiliates; (v) link or combine member information with other personal information; (vi) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; (vii) provide and deliver the Service (to perform our contract with you); (viii) carry out our legitimate interests (e.g., direct marketing, research (including marketing research), fraud prevention, network and information security); (ix) comply with our legal obligations; and (x) carry out activities to which you otherwise consent.
4.2 If you register for or use Service, we, or our affiliates, partners and/or vendors acting on our behalf, may collect the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, address, phone, email and other similar information;
- Identity Verification Information: We may require you to provide additional information that we may use and provide to partners and or vendors acting on our behalf to verify your identity. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, bank and credit card information, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services including personal and/or business credit reports under the Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Ongoing Information Collection: When you use our Service, we collect information about your donations (including funding account information). Please be aware that any donations you make will be visible by default to other members of the Service. You can limit this sharing in your account settings. If you make a donation using “Round Up” feature of the Service, we will also collect your entire purchase history for the account or payment method which you provide the Service access to. We also collect information about your other activities on our Service (including the content you view and your favorite causes/charities) and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device to protect the Service, members and us, for fraud prevention and remediation purposes, to monitor for irregular activity with your account, and to identify known malicious software or other activity that may harm us or our members;
- Social Media-Related Information: You may choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as social media sites (like Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.). The information we have access to varies by site and is controlled by you including the relevant privacy settings of your third party accounts. If you associate an account managed by a third party with your ChangeUp account you authorize us to have access to and use this information; and
- If you authorize applications or third party integrations on or using our Service, these parties may receive detailed information about your account, your use of the Service, donation history or even the ability to take actions on your behalf. Information collected by these applications or third-party integrations are subject to their terms and policies.
4.3 We may collect and store your funding instruments, along with other related transaction information. For instance, in the event that you link to a credit card for the purpose of making a Round Up Donation, we will obtain and store a list of your monthly transactions associated with the credit card in order to calculate the applicable donation amount for the month by rounding up each purchase you made using the credit card in that month. If you use Apple Pay to make a donation (including participating in the $1 Giveaway), you acknowledge and authorize us to obtain and store your name, address, credit card and other information associated with your Apple Pay that your privacy settings on the Apple Pay permit us to access. We will use such information solely for the purpose of providing the Service to you (such as presenting the credit card information to you when you wish to make a credit card based donation in the future).
4.4 We may also collect additional information you may disclose to our member support team in order to resolve problems you report.
5. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
5.1 The Service contains links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Service. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and ChangeUp does not endorse or make any representations about third party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
6. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 We use the term “personal information” to describe information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user. We take carefully considered and periodically reviewed measures, as described herein, to protect your personal information.
6.2 You agree that we may transfer, store and process the information we collect on our servers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where we, our affiliates, our partners, providers or vendors are located in order to provide the Service.
6.3 We take steps to protect the information we collect by maintaining technical and organizational safeguards. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
6.4 We will retain the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide and maintain the Service, comply with our legal obligations and/or resolve disputes.
7. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include third parties who assist us in operating our Service, conducting our business, or supporting our members, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and secure and on the same conditions and protection levels we provide to you as a member. Our agreements with third parties that have access to your personal information generally oblige them to keep your personal information secure and to delete your personal information when access is no longer required. We periodically review the security and confidentiality practices of third parties who we entrust with your personal information. We may also release your information to competent law enforcement officials or other authorized third parties when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our terms or policies, or protect the rights, property, or safety of ChangeUp, our members, or others.
7.2 We may share your personal information or transactions or activity as follows:
- With your consent;
- To comply with applicable laws;
- To respond to your requests;
- To third party analytics firms such as Google Analytics to provide aggregate non-personal information. You may opt-out of Google Analytics;
- To the third party service providers and affiliates, including payment processing services such as Stripe, third party advertising networks and providers, the subject charities, and the monitoring services we work with;
- To comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
- To collect amounts owed to ChangeUp;
- To enforce ChangeUp’s Terms, policies, or contracts;
- To protect your, our or other’s rights, property or safety;
- To certain employees, affiliates and vendors when necessary for their roles; and
8. MARKETING AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
8.1 Our marketing emails and other electronic communications tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving more of the same. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-marketing emails and other electronic communications. Non-marketing emails or other electronic communications include emails about your account, donations, and other aspects of our Service. In addition, the Service may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile application with notices that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
8.2 ChangeUp may allow you to invite your invite friends to sign up to the Service. Contact information that you may provide will be used to send the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by ChangeUp or any other third parties for any other purpose.
8.3 You may send requests about your personal information to our support teams below where you may request to change contact choices, opt-out of certain sharing with others, and update your personal information.
9 MEMBERS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
9.1 If you are a member located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights.
9.2 Where you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you may withdraw consent at any time. You may object to our processing of your personal information, but be aware that doing so may impact your use of the Service. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
9.4 Although ChangeUp makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their personal information, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question, where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or where it is commercially proprietary. If ChangeUp determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
10 CONTACT INFORMATION